Fixing disabled edit and media buttons in wordpress

I started a one-month Wordpress blog on a hosting account in April to test out my search engine marketing abilities. I call it a "one-month" blog because I planned on keeping it for only one month. I created it to test out my SEO abilities and make some extra income for the month of April. An issue I encountered was my theme breaking the edit and media buttons for my posts in the admin panel. This problem seemed to plague quite a few people, who like me, had no idea how to fix it.

After hours of searching I found no solution other than changing themes, which is something I didn't want to do. I really enjoyed the theme. I also wanted to avoid any time consuming solutions that involved me having to program, because, as I said, this is a one month blog for me to test out my abilities at SEO and bring in a few hundred extra dollars via a CPC program.

To my luck, I discovered a nifty plugin called Theme Test Drive (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-test-drive/). Theme Test Drive allowed me to use a separate theme for my admin account, which fixed my edit and media buttons. The only down side is that you have to view what your blog actually looks like in another browser. And though this is not a permanet fix, it will at least allow your blog to continue with new posts.

And by the way, my one month blog brought in $200.00, which isn't bad for a blog I threw together in three days and maintained for only a month.

Comments

Popular Posts